Big things are happening over here at the MMK! 🙂
Taylor, over at Mommy Does It All nominated ModMommyMk for a Liebster award! A big thank you to Taylor, I really appreciate it!
I mean, this is exciting stuff. I may have to go out and buy a super cute dress, I mean shoes, I mean new eye shadow…..
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you
2. Answer 11 questions asked by the blogger
3. Provide 11 random facts about yourself
4. Nominate 5 or more bloggers with fewer than 500 followers
5. Let all of the nominees know they have been nominated
6. Write 11 new questions for your nominees
11 Questions Asked by Taylor at Mommy Does It All:
1) What is your biggest goal in life?
–I would have to say to be someone that people will remember in a great way. I want to be an amazing wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend. I have goals set for myself and my family that are short and long term. Short term, I would like to be successful in what ever road I choose to take. I feel like you are never too old to try something you want to succeed at!
2) Why did you start your blog?
–I have always loved to write. Writing runs in my veins and I figured a blog would be a great outlet. I’m real, I’m honest, I tell it the way it is (albeit a little sarcastically) and I love telling an amazing story.
3) What is one of the most significant moments that has occurred in your life?
–You mean other than my wedding day, or the two days our boys were born? I know that’s what everyone else will say. I like to be different, so I’m going to say my most significant moments are yet to come. That sounds cheesy, but I’m working on several things that I feel are big ventures for me. I have many significant moments that have already occurred in my lifetime and I’m looking forward to many more (bigger) moments!
4) Who do you look up to the most (you don’t have to know them)?
–This would be a question that has two different answers. 🙂 On a personal level, I would say that I look up to my parents and my husband. My parents because they are absolutely amazing. Their upbringing may not have been the most glamorous, but they took to heart that they wanted to give their own kids more than they had. I literally cannot remember a time when my brother and I were not 150% provided for. Call it being spoiled, that’s fine, but my brother and I realize their sacrifices and I think I can speak for both of us when I say we are carrying on the same tradition. No, my brother’s wife is not pregnant, they don’t have kids yet—I’m totally putting words in his mouth but I think he would agree.
My husband because he works so hard to be who he wants to be, and works even harder to be a good husband and daddy. He’s going to rock at owning the business one day and I am prepared to be his cheerleader the entire way!
On a not so personal level, I would have to say Jennifer Aniston and Candace Cameron Bure. Listing all the reasons would make most people close to me roll their eyes, and that’s fine, but I feel like you should always choose people that inspire you to be better in some way, as role models. Jennifer is beautiful, she is a hard worker and someone I always enjoying watching on TV or in the movies. Candace because this mama is just amazing!!! She is not without fault, she sacrifices, she struggles, she succeeds, she loves Jesus and she’s honest and open about all of it. I love hearing her speak, and reading her books. I’ve said it before a thousand times, but her book Reshaping it All will always be one of my favorites.
5) What is one place that you would love to visit in your lifetime?
–I would LOVE to go to Greece. It looks absolutely amazing. Santorini please…..On a local, United States front though, I feel like if I ever went to Brentwood or Santa Monica CA, I would never come back. The only reason I haven’t been is because I’m a terrible flyer. True story. More on that at a later time.
6) Name one new skill that you would love to learn in the near future.
–I would love to learn more about photo editing. I take so many pictures and I would love to learn how to incorporate them better into this blog. I would also love to learn more about web design. I feel like I learned all of this once while I was in college, but then I remember that was almost 11 years ago (and after I shed a tear when I think about it being almost 11 years ago) I realize that everything I spent a year learning back then is now out the window.
7) What is your favorite TV show?
F.R.I.E.N.D.S—hands down. I still watch it every single day. The fact that they show re-runs on Nick at Nite now makes me feel unbelievably old, but whatevs.
Current TV shows–Revenge, Cougar Town, Anger Management, Friends with Better Lives, Keeping Up with the Kardashians, Chicago Fire and Chicago PD.
8) What is your favorite part about having your blog?
–I love having this outlet available. If my thoughts, posts, ramblings give advice to even one person, or relate to one, then I feel a genuine feeling of accomplishment.
9) Favorite snack?
Uhm, Skinny Pop original popcorn, and in shell lightly salted peanuts. These need to be my NOT so favorite snack, if you know what I mean. Or, at least that’s what my thighs told me last night.
10) What is your favorite thing to do with your kid(s)?
I would have to say going to the zoo or to the beach would be number one. But seriously, I feel like everything is right in the world when I curl up on our 5 year olds bed and read to our boys. Our 10 month old has no clue what’s going on, but he likes feeling the pages and thinks it’s super cool to watch his big brother. But, the look on our 5 year olds face is sheer joy when we read books that he loves. It’s awesome.
11) What is your favorite thing to do, alone?
–Shop…..or drive country roads blaring soundtracks like Cruel Intentions, Forrest Gump or Romeo and Juliet (the Leo and Claire version-obviously!)
11 Rando Things About Me:
1) My hubs bought me a FitBit Zip for mothers day and I’m in love.
2) Right now I’m obsessing over avocado and apparently our 10 month old, Mason, is too. Whenever I order it on something and we are out and about, he and I split the avocado pieces. Yummmmmmmo.
3) I really need to find a time to work out, but I seriously get so discouraged when I think about how little time I have to commit. I also get discouraged when I see people that work really hard working out and still don’t really “look” like it, when I know they set out to eventually have a different look. I need to stop worrying about the results and just get my (jiggily) ass in gear.
4) I love the idea of having a glass of wine, but rarely ever have one.
5) I hate baggy clothes. I have to wear clothes that are fitted, that show I have a waist. No, not hooker clothes. Just something that lengthens out my body. This is why I only wear heels and wedges too. Gotta make the legs look longer. I’m only 5’3. 🙂
6) The local Starbucks crew knows my name, my kids’ names, my mom’s name and what we get to drink and eat every day.
7) Every Saturday and Sunday morning I make myself the same breakfast: egg beaters, organic spinach, salsa, and a shredded weight watchers string cheese stick scrambled up together with 2 pieces of Aunt Millie’s 35 calorie bread on the side with Smuckers Simply Fruit apricot spread.
8) I seriously am hair and makeup “dumb”. I don’t know how to make it look like I want. On the flip side, I absolutely love hair and makeup. It’s a very frustrating problem.
9) I wish I knew how to change a few things on the layout of this theme. The font drives me insane!
10) My favorite car is a Mini Cooper convertible…black of course.
11) I’m starting to become very aware of the fact I’m not 20 anymore. It’s very sad. I actually find myself walking down the aging aisles. I get so confused about all the different options, that every time I’m at Target or Sephora, I pick a brand and read about what it does, one visit at a time. All I want is this: a day cream that takes away wrinkles, none of this reduces the appearance of fine lines crap, that wont break me out and that is tinted. Also good…a night cream that did the same thing, but that also made my eye lashes grow. Oh and seriously….what is up with the saggy skin I’m noticing?? I mean….I just can’t deal.
11 Questions for Nominees to Answer:
1) What is your favorite vacation spot?
2) What is your decorating style like? What are your favorite pieces?
3) If you are a mom, how was delivery and labor?
4) What is your favorite healthy snack/meal?
5) What is your favorite TV show/movie?
6) Why did you start your blog? Who is your audience?
7) Who do you go to for advice? This could be anyone, living or not.
8) How do you handle the day to day tasks that you may have?
9) Where is your favorite place to shop?
10) What is your favorite indulgence?
11) What is your favorite thing to do in the summer?
Have fun answering! I’m going to go pop a bottle of Israel’s finest! (I hope someone understands that reference)